Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Todd, what are you putting across to people?"

My good friend Cindy recently asked me a wonderful question.  She said, "Todd, what are you putting across to people?"  It made me think.  I know that you usually get back the type of energy you share with others.  I was having a particularly rough week so I wondered.  Was I the cause of this trouble?  Naturally, I don't control everything that happens to me...but I do have the power over a portion of it.

I sat and thought about the happenings of the week and did find ways that I caused more to make my week harder.  With my new found perspective, I set off to make things better.  In other words, I took my own advice. 
Namely:
1.  I smiled more.  (hold a smile for ten seconds and tell me if you don't feel instantly better)
2.  I greeted everyone I saw.  (instant sense of connection)
3.  I took time for me.  (even if it was a few minutes looking out the window)
4.  I went to a place of gratitude.  (I reflected on how great my life was and why)

Mysteriously (or not so) my week improved drastically!  Imagine that!  Thanks Cindy for the gift of perspective!  I wanted to share her gift with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment